Breathe. See. Be. Find yourself at the Crested Butte Film Festival. From our incredible international films to the endless opportunities for adventure, your quest for authentic travel will be quenched. Come, explore with us.
Outdoor Adventure Programs, The Workers Cup, Cries From Syria, Wasted: the Story of Food Waste!, A Plastic Ocean, Doc Shorts Program: America Here & Now, Doc Shorts Program: One Giant Step
- Get into gear for the weekend by riding in the Opening Night Bike Parade on Thursday, September 2 from 4-6pm. Meet in from of Montanya Distillers at 212 Elk Ave. This event is so funky it’s social media worthy so don’t forget to tag us #CBFF2017!
- Food, drinks, and an opportunity to rub shoulders with some seriously cool creatives- are you in? If so, head over to the Party with the Filmmakers on Friday, September 30th from 9-11pm ($20 at door, free for pass holders and filmmakers).
- Discussion not only encourages understanding it sparks creativity. Join the Filmmaker Talk on Saturday, September 30th and Sunday, October 1st from 11:45am-12:45pm. Tap into the creative minds that have brought you this year’s outstanding films. The intimate panels offer an opportunity to deeply engage with the artists, discussing craft, inspiration, and more.
- Bonus: bring your CB Film Festival Yeti rambler to our Filmmaker Talks and receive free Mountain Maid coffee. You can purchase yours at any of our venues.
- Celebrate the award-winning films and directors at our Awards Ceremony on Saturday, September 30th at 8:15pm at Center for the Arts. This raucous event.Some of our most memorable moments have happened at this celebration of talent. Make sure you catch these films during the last showings on Sunday.
- Come celebrate with the friends you’ve made this weekend as we wind down at the end of another great festival at our Closing Night Party on Sunday, October 1st, 7:00pm at the The Dogwood. Be sure to try one of The Dogwood's delectable creations, $4 off select cocktails.
- Meet new friends in line or at our hang out spot, GATHER, located in front of the Center for the Arts to talk film and swap life recommendations.
- Just can’t get enough? Track down artistic and programming director Michael Brody, festival host, moderator and selection committee member Jack Hanley or head of screening committee Scott Aigner for a conversation about your favorite films, directors, and experiences.
- Journeys are marked by the sights, sounds, and senses and the location. You’ll want to indulge in the Montanya Rum Distillery’s maharaja cocktail scented with north indian spices with a floating cardamom pod. It’s perfect for the Fall weather.
- While you are nourishing your soul, nourish yourself at Mountain Oven Bakery and First Ascent Coffee Roasters.
- All those who wander still must eat. Try the Secret Stash for a chill atmosphere and cold beer.
- How about a journey to the top of the world? Hop on the lifts at the Crested Butte Mountain Resort and enjoy an incredible view!
- Crested Butte is famous for our townie bikes. Rent your own at Big Al’s Bicycle Heaven and experience this unique culture first-hand.
- Adventuring is hard work. Take a break at the Creekside Spa.
- For some amazing stargazing head to the Gunnison Valley Observatory.
- While you wander, don’t forget to take care of your sole(s) at Paradox Footwear.
- Rhapsody awaits you in Crested Butte- find yourself the perfect outfit for exploring this incredible world.
- Yoga in the Rocky Mountains is truly a restorative experience. You can visit any of the Yoga studios, such as Yoga for the Peaceful, or join the free community yoga on Sunday from 9:30-11:00am at the Town Hall.