The Solo Traveler
Stories are personal. The Crested Butte Film Festival creates a space for you to experience those stories, on your or with a community of like-minded people.
See: Outdoor Adventure Programs, The Workers Cup, Cries From Syria, Wasted: the Story of Food Waste!, A Plastic Ocean, Doc Shorts Program: America Here & Now, Doc Shorts Program: One Giant Step
- Get into gear for the weekend by riding in the Opening Night Bike Parade on Thursday, September 2 from 4-6pm. Meet in from of Montanya Distillers at 212 Elk Ave. This event is so funky it’s social media worthy so don’t forget to tag us #CBFF2017!
- Food, drinks, and an opportunity to rub shoulders with some seriously cool creatives- are you in? If so, head over to the Party with the Filmmakers on Friday, September 30th from 9-11pm ($20 at door, free for pass holders and filmmakers).
- Discussion not only encourages understanding it sparks creativity. Join the Filmmaker Talk on Saturday, September 30th and Sunday, October 1st from 11:45am-12:45pm. Tap into the creative minds that have brought you this year’s outstanding films. The intimate panels offer an opportunity to deeply engage with the artists, discussing craft, inspiration, and more.
- Bonus: bring your CB Film Festival Yeti rambler to our Filmmaker Talks and receive free Mountain Maid coffee. You can purchase yours at any of our venues.
- Celebrate the award-winning films and directors at our Awards Ceremony on Saturday, September 30th at 8:15pm at Center for the Arts. This raucous event.Some of our most memorable moments have happened at this celebration of talent. Make sure you catch these films during the last showings on Sunday.
- Come celebrate with the friends you’ve made this weekend as we wind down at the end of another great festival at our Closing Night Party on Sunday, October 1st, 7:00m at the The Dogwood. Be sure to try one of The Dogwood's delectable creations, $4 off select cocktails.
- Meet other travelers in line or at our hang out spot, GATHER, located in front of the Center for the Arts to talk film and swap recommendations.
- Mornings in Crested Butte are simply amazing- crisp air and quiet streets set the stage for an amazing day. Before your find your story of the day, fuel up at Mountain Oven Bakery and First Ascent Coffee Roasters.
- Need a pick me up between films? Grab your CB Film Festival Yeti rambler and get a Bhakti Chai drink at Rumors to help you through the day.
- It’s going to be hard to take a break from the film watching, but, when you must stop for lunch, try out the Secret Stash for some awesome pizza and a chill vibe. The bar is a great spot to sit and meet new friends.
- Filmmaking is a craft. Continue pursuing the appreciation of craft after-hours at Montanya Distillers, while enjoying their artisan rum in the Rocky Mountains.
- How about a journey to the top of the world? Hop on the lifts at the Crested Butte Mountain Resort and enjoy an incredible view!
- Crested Butte is home to some amazing outdoor adventure. Come test out your agility on world-class biking trails in the place where mountain biking was founded. Take a hike and witness the beauty of the Alps of America. Or try your hand at fly-fishing in our pristine waters.
- •For a peaceful night’s sleep head straight to The Old Town Inn. You’ll love the bikes that come with staying here!