Memories are made at the movies. Your budding cinematographer will be inspired by the children’s film options and the outdoors here in Crested Butte!
See: Youth Film Program, The Guys Next Door, Youth V Gov
- Get into gear for the weekend by riding in the Opening Night Bike Parade on Thursday, September 2 from 4-6pm. Meet in from of Montanya Distillers at 212 Elk Ave. This event is so funky it’s social media worthy so don’t forget to tag us #CBFF2017!
- Check out our hang out spot, GATHER, located in front of the Center for the Arts for lite bite and drinks in between films.
- After the films, continue the joy of storytelling by visiting the Old Rock Community Library.
- Start your day off right by nourishing yourself at Mountain Oven Bakery and First Ascent Coffee Roasters.
- Who doesn’t love pizza? For a family-friendly, chill dining experience visit the Secret Stash.
- Prime Time takes on a whole new meaning at the Crested Butte Film Festival when you treat yourself to an amazing dinner at Elk Avenue Prime.
- Want something lighter? Taste some stellar sushi at Lil’s Sushi Bar & Grill.
- McGill’s at Crested Butte offers casual, family-friendly fare.
- For after-dinner treats, Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory is the place to be!
- Need a break from the kiddos? Check out Montanya Distillers-lite bites, craft rum, and a relaxed atmosphere make it one of Crested Butte’s best loved spots.
- Play is at the heart of storytelling. From open spaces to play centers, the Crested Butte Parks and Recreation system will help your kiddo play to their hearts content.
- How about a journey to the top of the world? Hop on the lifts at the Crested Butte Mountain Resort and enjoy an incredible view!
- Rent bikes at Big Al’s Bicycle Heaven and explore town or the trails!
- Take your budding detective on the coolest adventure in the valley! Visit the Crested Butte Land Trust to find out more about the Letterbox Treasure Hunt.
- Fall is simply spectacular in Crested Butte. Your whole family will enjoy a nice drive up Kebler Pass to see the colors. Take some time to get out and hike one of the many family trails too. The Beaver Ponds is one of our favorites!
- Film inspires creativity, so save some time for your little one to create at the Trailhead Children’s Museum.
- Capture your family vacation memories with Xavier Fane Photography. This local photographer uses natural light and landscape to help create an amazing souvenir from your journey.
- Forget some essentials? CB Kids has you covered.
- Want a treat? The Creekside Spa offers a variety of services to help you “recover” from the joys of parenting!
- For affordable family lodging try one of our many family-friendly options such as The Old Town Inn. The in-town location is perfect for catching the bus or walking to see the films.
- For a fun-filled stay on the mountain, try Elevation Hotel and Spa. An indoor pool, spa, and kid’s recreational room make this hotel an easy choice for families.
- Having your own kitchen and multiple bedrooms makes travel so much easier for a family. Peak Property Management or Crested Butte Property Management can help you find a house to suit your needs.