The Crested Butte Film Festival believes in the magic of the cinematic experience. Whether you are an aspiring filmmaker or someone who appreciates the craftsmanship that comprises storytelling, our festival has something for you. Join our community of innovative filmmakers, industry specialists, and seasoned veterans and discover your next story.
See: Glory, Sidney Hall, The Transfiguration, Doc Shorts Program: America, Here & Now and Narrative Shorts Program: Meet the Family
- Get into gear for the weekend by riding in the Opening Night Bike Parade on Thursday, September 28 from 4-6pm. Meet in from of Montanya Distillers at 212 Elk Ave. This event is also so funky and fun it’s social media worthy - don’t forget to tag #CBFF2017!
- Food, drinks, and an opportunity to rub shoulders with some seriously cool creatives - are you in? If so, head over to the Party with the Filmmakers on Friday, September 30 from 9-11pm ($20 at door, free for passholders and filmmakers).
- Discussion not only encourages understanding it sparks creativity. Join the Filmmaker Talk on Saturday, September 30 and Sunday, October 1 from 11:45am-12:45pm. Tap into the creative minds that have brought you this year’s outstanding films. The intimate panels offer an opportunity to deeply engage with the artists, discussing craft, inspiration, and more.
- Bonus: bring your CB Film Festival Yeti rambler to our Filmmaker Talks and receive free Mountain Maid coffee. You can purchase yours at any of our venues.
- Celebrate the award-winning films and directors at our Awards Ceremony on Saturday, September 30th at 8:15pm at Center for the Arts. Some of our most memorable moments have happened at this celebration of talent. Make sure you catch these award-winning films during the last showings on Sunday.
- Filmmakers, Sponsors, and 4-Day Passholders are invited to join us for our seriously swanky Red Carpet Party on Saturday, September 30 from 9-11 pm at Montanya Distillers. Don your finest threads, enjoy artisan cocktails, and mingle with filmmakers at this famous, award-winning distillery.
- Come celebrate with the friends you’ve made this weekend as we wind down at the end of another great festival at our Closing Night Party on Sunday, October 1, 7 pm at the The Dogwood. Be sure to try one of The Dogwood's delectable creations, $4 off select cocktails.
- Just can’t get enough? Track down artistic and programming director Michael Brody, festival host, moderator and selection committee member Jack Hanley or head of screening committee Scott Aigner for a conversation about your favorite films, directors, and experiences.
- Meet other cinephiles in line or at our hang out spot, GATHER, located at the Box Office to talk film and swap recommendations
- Start your day off right by nourishing yourself at Mountain Oven Bakery and First Ascent Coffee Roasters.
- Need a pick me up between films? Grab a Bhakti Chai drink at Rumors to help fuel you through the day.
- It’s going to be hard to take a break from the film watching, but, when you must stop for lunch, try out the Secret Stash for some awesome pizza and a chill vibe.
- Prime Time takes on a whole new meaning at the Crested Butte Film Festival when you treat yourself to an amazing dinner at Elk Avenue Prime.
- Want something lighter? Taste some stellar sushi at Lil’s Sushi Bar & Grill.
- Filmmaking is a craft. Continue pursuing the appreciation of craft after-hours at Montanya Distillers, while enjoying their artisan rum in the Rocky Mountains.
- Ready to tell your story? Collaborate with local creatives like Xavier Fane Photography to bring that story to life.
- Grab your camera and pack picnic in your Zoetica waste-free bag and head for the mountains! Crested Butte is home to so many incredible vistas. Woods Walk, Lupine, and Brush Creek are all trails within easy access of the city and provide views that will inspire you.
- Crested Butte is home to some amazing outdoor adventure. Come test out your agility on world-class biking trails in the place where mountain biking was founded or try your hand at fly-fishing in our pristine waters.
- How about a journey to the top of the world? Hop on the lifts at the Crested Butte Mountain Resort and enjoy an incredible view! You get a free scenic lift ride with your 4-Day Pass! Don’t have a pass? You can pick up yours here.