Film is both an artistic expression and experience— immersing the viewer in the visuals, the sounds, the craft, and the moment. Fortunately, not only do we have a selection of incredibly artistic films, but Crested Butte is in a location that fosters an artistic community. The films, the galleries, and even the beautiful surroundings are sure to stun your eyes and draw out your artistic side.
Julian Schnabel: A Private Portrait, Sidney Hall, Behind the Scenes: The Process of Creating a Film Score (talk), The Ghost Story, I Love Dick
- Food, drinks, and an opportunity to rub shoulders with some seriously cool creatives- are you in? If so, head over to the Party with the Filmmakers on Friday, September 30th from 9-11pm ($20 at door, free for pass holders and filmmakers).
- Discussion not only encourages understanding it sparks creativity. Join the Filmmaker Talk on Saturday, September 30th and Sunday, October 1st from 11:45am-12:45pm. Tap into the creative minds that have brought you this year’s outstanding films. The intimate panels offer an opportunity to deeply engage with the artists, discussing craft, inspiration, and more.
- Bonus: bring your CB Film Festival Yeti rambler to our Filmmaker Talks and receive free Mountain Maid coffee. You can purchase yours at any of our venues.
- Double Bonus: Our head of the screening committee, Scott Aigner, is also an artist and art professor. If you want to talk about art, film, and/or the intersection of the two, be sure to track him down!
- Want a great place to keep discussing the incredible films you just experienced? Check out Montanya Distillers-lite bites, craft rum, and a relaxed atmosphere make it one of Crested Butte’s best loved spots.
- Food can be a work of art. Try Lil’s Sushi Bar & Grill for a feast for the eyes and stomach.
- For artisan cocktails and unique fare in a funky cabin try The Dogwood.
- Crested Butte and Gunnison are home to an amazing group of artists, from sculptors to landscape artists to dance and theatre, our creatives remain inspired by the community and the landscape. Take time to visit the Crested Butte Center for the Arts or take a gallery walk to enjoy some of this amazing work.
- Don’t forget to bring your camera, your paints, etc., because Crested Butte will inspire you. There are a number of incredible plein air spots to paint, the scenery begs to be photographed, and the town inspires a nostalgic feel that may lead to your next song. Whatever your gift, let Crested Butte be your muse.
- And, sometimes you need to get the creative juices flowing. For a new perspective, jump on a bike from Big Al’s Bicycle Heaven.