Perched at 8909’, the town of Crested Butte is your base camp for adventure. Come test out your agility on world-class biking trails in the place where mountain biking was founded. Take a hike and witness the beauty of the Alps of America. Or try your hand at fly-fishing in our pristine waters. Then continue the journey at night as you experience incredible films dedicated to the exploration of the great outdoors. The time is now, adventure awaits you.
See: Both Outdoor Adventure Programs, Doc Shorts Program: One Giant Step, Charged: The Eduardo Garcia Story, A Plastic Ocean
- Get into gear for the weekend by riding in the Opening Night Bike Parade on Thursday, September 2 from 4-6pm. Meet in from of Montanya Distillers at 212 Elk Ave. This event is so funky it’s social media worthy so don’t forget to tag us #CBFF2017!
- Food, drinks, and an opportunity to rub shoulders with some seriously cool creatives- are you in? If so, head over to the Party with the Filmmakers on Friday, September 30th from 9-11pm ($20 at door, free for pass holders and filmmakers).
- Discussion not only encourages understanding it sparks creativity. Join the Filmmaker Talk on Saturday, September 30 and Sunday, October 1 from 11:45am-12:45 pm. Tap into the creative minds that have brought you this year’s outstanding films. The intimate panels offer an opportunity to deeply engage with the artists, discussing craft, inspiration, and more.
- Bonus: bring your CB Film Festival Yeti rambler to our Filmmaker Talks and receive free Mountain Maid coffee. You can purchase yours at any of our venues.
- Come celebrate with the friends you’ve made this weekend as we wind down at the end of another great festival at our Closing Night Party on Sunday, October 1, 7 pm at the The Dogwood. Be sure to try one of The Dogwood's delectable creations, $4 off select cocktails.
- Connect with other festival-goers at GATHER. Discuss films and relax.
- Fuel your journey by trying out locally-owned Jackson’s Honest Chips, Mickey’s Pizza, or Lil’s Sushi Bar & Grill.
- After you leave our main theater, grab a cold six-pack Lagunitas Beer at Mountain Spirits Liquor Store to relax with by the fire.
- Want to tell stories of your epic day watching films and exploring the mountains? Head over to The Dogwood, a sexy cabin vibe with hot drinks and tasty eats
- Crested Butte is the mountain biking capital of the world. Head over to Big Al’s Bicycle Heaven and rent your bike for the ride of your life. Lupine is one of our favorite trails!
- Get on your boots and explore our amazing hiking trails.
- Make a great catch in the finest fly-fishing environment in the Rocky Mountains.
- Forget some gear? The CB Mountain Store has got you covered!
- For an authentic Crested Butte experience, visit the
- Or, for the best adventure of all, sleep under the stars in one of our awesome camping locations.